Dear Lord, we take ourselves far too seriously most of the time. Help us to add humor to our perspective -- remembering always that humor is a gift from God.
-St Philip Neri
Gracious God, please pour your love upon those who have asked to be remembered in our prayers. To make a prayer request:
aunt of Cheryl Slate, as she grieves the loss of another son
Family of Jenn Minervino –
As they go through this difficult time of loss
Family of Roy DeFranco –
May God comfort in their grief at the passing of their mother.
Family of Julie Tatti –
As they mourn the loss of their sister Colette. May God give them comfort.
Assunta Colonna –
Mother of Joe Giuliano. For healing. May God sustain her courage and strength.
Joan Cartier –
longtime friend of the DPD
May God bring her comfort and courage as she faces a terminal disease.
– friend of Sr. Joan, for patience and courage as she works to recover from a stroke.
Sal Tuzzeo –
Prayers for happiness from a friend.
resident of Wallace House. May God keep him in his constant care.
–Great-nephew of Patt Foth who suffered a brain aneurysm. May he heal quickly and well.
Ellen Marco -
May our Lord, our healer grant her full recovery.
Sharon & Gloria
– During their continued battle with breast cancer, may the blessings of our heavenly Father be on them. May they be restored to health.
– an 8
grade student in Sparta as she battles colon cancer. For healing and God’s embrace for her and her family to get through this terribly difficult time
Tommy Moran –
for a return to health and for his family during this worrisome time.
– sister of CARE member Raymond. Please pray for strength and courage as she goes through treatment.
– Grandmother of Ashley Hidalgo, for a speedy recovery from a dislocated hip.
Chris Androski -
husband of Barnet House volunteer Nina. That his ear is healed and he gets his hearing back.
Patty Van Tine
– Daughter of volunteer Barbara Mahler. May the Lord be her light during this time of crisis and keep her close in his love.
Sister-in-law of a volunteer. For strength to help her through her recovery program. May she feel God’s love.
Nidia Diaz –
grandmother to the children of Lourdes Torres. May she feel God’s compassionate love during and slow and uncomfortable healing process from delicate surgery.
That her 2nd opinion for cancer diagnosis will be the light she needs in this dark journey. May God's presence be upon her throughout her journey
- Gruenert Center volunteer, may God watch over her during her pregnancy and bless her and her unborn child with good health.
Lori Burton –
May you fill her heart with your comfort; fill her body with your strength and her everyday with your rest.
- Cousin of volunteer Camille Aveni, was recently diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. May he find consolation in God’s loving presence and for the doctors treating him.
James Ondimu Ochoki
– For healing for this beloved father, grandfather, father in-law, brother in-law, and uncle to many.
May the Lord grant consolation and recovery to health.
- May the love of God, family and friends sustain him as he undergoes dialysis 3 days a week.
Patrick Powis –
Father of Art Powis
for comfort, strength and courage as he faces his illness
- a young man of 23 whose lungs are not in good condition, may God draw him near as his final hours approach and for comfort for his loving family.
Rosa Bascietto –
Mother of Joanne Rossi. That the love and respect of her family helps to sustain her and bring her joy.
– Son of volunteer Barbara Mahler, may God watch over him during his illness
For peace, justice and hope in our world.
May God bless our staff, residents, friends, volunteers and benefactors. May he turn his face toward you and give you peace.
Stella Ann Hadyka –
Grandmother of volunteer Jenn MInervino
– Cousin of Cheryl Slate
Mrs. DeFranco –
Mother of Roy DeFranco
Sister of Julie Tatti
What we are doing when we pray. . . .
When we pray for a person who is ill, we are not calling God’s attention to the individual.
We are not informing God about the situation.
We are not asking God to leave other duties to take care of this person’s need.
We are in no way telling God what to do.
using our spirits as channels for God’s Spirit in reaching and healing the sick one.
Solemnity of the Most Holy Trinity/ Trinity Sunday
Celebrated a week after Pentecost in honor of the most fundamental of Christian beliefs—belief in the Holy Trinity. We can never fully understand the mystery of the Trinity, but we can sum it up in the following formula: God is three Persons in one Nature. The three Persons of God—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit—are all equally God, and they cannot be divided.
May 26 – Saint Philip Neri
Patron Saint of
Known for his sense of humor , for forty-five years St. Philip Neri evangelized thousands of people at Rome, from the poor to the popes. Philip won their hearts with his consistent kindness and jovial sense of humor. In 1533, after a dramatic personal experience of God, Philip went to Rome, where he lived in poverty. After several years of solitude and study he sold his books and hit the streets to do the grassroots work of leading people to Christ. Ordained in 1551, he went to live with a community of priests at San Giralomo. He died on May 25, 1595, active till the end and celebrated as the most popular person in Rome.
Quotes of Saint Philip Neri:
“Men are generally the carpenters of their own crosses.”
“He who does not go down to hell in his lifetime, runs a great risk of going there when he dies.”
“Never try to evade the cross that God sends you, for you will only find a heavier one.”