7th Week in Ordinary Time
Visit us at:
On Sunday we celebrated the end of the Easter Season with the
Solemnity of Pentecost
and we have now entered into Tempus per Annum or Ordinary Time. The weeks of ordinary time
do not celebrate a specific aspect of the mystery of Christ
especially on the Sundays, they are devoted to the mystery of Christ in all its aspects.
Lord, as we begin a new week may we be so busy loving God, loving others and loving our life that we have no time for regret, worry, fear, or drama. May we be living proof of you. AMEN
Gracious God, please pour your love upon those who have asked to be remembered in our prayers. To make a prayer request:
aunt of Cheryl Slate, as she grieves the loss of another son
Family of Jenn Minervino –
As they go through this difficult time of loss
Family of Roy DeFranco –
May God comfort in their grief at the passing of their mother.
Family of Julie Tatti –
As they mourn the loss of their sister Colette. May God give them comfort.
Assunta Colonna –
Mother of Joe Giuliano. For healing. May God sustain her courage and strength.
Joan Cartier –
longtime friend of the DPD
May God bring her comfort and courage as she faces a terminal disease.
– friend of Sr. Joan, for patience and courage as she works to recover from a stroke.
Sal Tuzzeo –
Prayers for happiness from a friend.
resident of Wallace House. May God keep him in his constant care.
–Great-nephew of Patt Foth who suffered a brain aneurysm. May he heal quickly and well.
Ellen Marco -
May our Lord, our healer grant her full recovery.
Sharon & Gloria
– During their continued battle with breast cancer, may the blessings of our heavenly Father be on them. May they be restored to health.
– an 8
grade student in Sparta as she battles colon cancer. For healing and God’s embrace for her and her family to get through this terribly difficult time
Tommy Moran –
for a return to health and for his family during this worrisome time.
– sister of CARE member Raymond, during this difficult time of waiting as to how to proceed after a lump was found in her breast. Please pray for her peace of mind as she goes through this period of waiting and for a successful treatment and quick recovery time.
– Grandmother of Ashley Hidalgo, for a speedy recovery from a dislocated hip.
Chris Androski -
husband of Barnet House volunteer Nina. That his ear is healed and he gets his hearing back.
Patty Van Tine
– Daughter of volunteer Barbara Mahler. May the Lord be her light during this time of crisis and keep her close in his love.
Sister-in-law of a volunteer. For strength to help her through her recovery program. May she feel God’s love.
Nidia Diaz –
grandmother to the children of Lourdes Torres. May she feel God’s compassionate love during and slow and uncomfortable healing process from delicate surgery.
That her 2nd opinion for cancer diagnosis will be the light she needs in this dark journey. May God's presence be upon her throughout her journey
- Gruenert Center volunteer, may God watch over her during her pregnancy and bless her and her unborn child with good health.
Lori Burton –
May you fill her heart with your comfort; fill her body with your strength and her everyday with your rest.
- Cousin of volunteer Camille Aveni, was recently diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. May he find consolation in God’s loving presence and for the doctors treating him.
James Ondimu Ochoki
– For healing for this beloved father, grandfather, father in-law, brother in-law, and uncle to many.
May the Lord grant consolation and recovery to health.
- May the love of God, family and friends sustain him as he undergoes dialysis 3 days a week.
Patrick Powis –
Father of Art Powis
for comfort, strength and courage as he faces his illness
- a young man of 23 whose lungs are not in good condition, may God draw him near as his final hours approach and for comfort for his loving family.
Rosa Bascietto –
Mother of Joanne Rossi. That the love and respect of her family helps to sustain her and bring her joy.
– Son of volunteer Barbara Mahler, may God watch over him during his illness
For peace, justice and hope in our world.
May God bless our staff, residents, friends, volunteers and benefactors. May he turn his face toward you and give you peace.
Stella Ann Hadyka –
Grandmother of volunteer Jenn MInervino
– Cousin of Cheryl Slate
Mrs. DeFranco –
Mother of Roy DeFranco
Sister of Julie Tatti
Eillen Wilson –
Longtime friend and neighbor of the DPD