I pray that you would give me strength
to be strong for you in the world today.
Lord, you know the struggles that I will face today.
Be with me as I go through them. Carry me if I am too weak to move.
If I stumble in them, forgive me Father.
When I succeed in them, I will praise you!
You are worthy of all praise and honor. Amen.
“My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”
Gracious God, please pour your love upon those who have asked to be remembered in our prayers.
To make a prayer request:
Family of Eugene Sturchio-
Father of Linda Giuliano during this time of grief and loss. May God bring them peace.
Family and friends of John Habuda –
Resident of the Wallace House as they mourn his passing. May God bring them his loving consolation.
– Father of John, for healing.
– dear friends of Patt Foth, during this difficult time of grief over the loss of their 13 year old son Andrew who was hit by a car while riding his bike.
- Mother of Gruenert staff member Lisa Beasley. May the Lord give her strength in body, courage in spirit, and patience in suffering.
– Brother- in-law of Julie Tatti. For healing after heart surgery.
- Brother of Julie Tatti. For strength and courage as he deals with cancer. May God’s healing presence surround him.
- grant him the grace and strength to accept the burden of cancer.
Bonnie Leibowitz –
dear friend of volunteer Anna Philhower
Msgr. Patrick Brown
– May he feel God’s love and embrace during his illness.
– sister of CARE member Raymond. Please pray for strength and courage as she goes through treatment.
Chris Androski -
husband of Barnet House volunteer Nina. That his ear is healed and he gets his hearing back.
James Ondimu Ochoki
– For healing for this beloved father, grandfather, father in-law, brother in-law, and uncle to many.
May the Lord grant consolation and recovery to health.
- May the love of God, family and friends sustain him as he undergoes dialysis 3 days a week.
- a young man of 23 whose lungs are not in good condition, may God draw him near as his final hours approach and for comfort for his loving family.
Rosa Bascietto –
Mother of Joanne Rossi. That the love and respect of her family helps to sustain her and bring her joy.
For peace, justice and hope in our world.
May God bless our staff, residents, friends, volunteers and benefactors. May he turn his face toward you and give you peace.
Eugene Sturchio –
Father of Linda Giulano
John Habuda –
Resident of the Wallace House
Thomas R. Powis
Father of Art Powis
– Uncle of John Hanlon
September 26 –
of Saints Cosmos and Damien
(Died 287 A.D.)
Patron saints of pharmacists
and Damian were brothers, born in Arabia, who had become well known for their skill in the science of medicine. Being Christians, they were filled with the
of charity and never took money for their services and enjoyed the highest esteem of the people. When the
under the Roman emperor
broke out, their notoriety made them marked targets of persecution. They were apprehended by the ruling power and underwent various torments in the year 283.
September 29th - Feast of the Archangels Michael, Gabriel, and Raphael
Angels—messengers from God—appear frequently in Scripture, but only Michael, Gabriel and Raphael are named. Each of these archangels performs a different mission in Scripture: Michael protects. He is the one who fought against Satan; Gabriel announces. He announced to Zachariah the forthcoming birth of John the Baptist, and to Mary, the birth of Jesus. His greeting to the Virgin, "Hail, full of grace," is one of the most familiar and frequent prayers of the Christian people; Raphael guides who took care of Tobias on his journey.
The Catechism of the Catholic Church teaches us that, "The existence of the spiritual, non-physical beings that Sacred Scripture usually calls "angels" is a truth of faith. The witness of Scripture is as clear as the unanimity of Tradition." Angels are pure, created spirits. The name angel means servant or messenger of God. Angels are celestial or heavenly beings, on a higher order than human beings. Angels have no bodies and do not depend on matter for their existence or activity. They have never been in human form. They are distinct from saints, which human beings can become. Angels have intellect and will, and are immortal. They are a vast multitude, but each is an individual ‘person.’ Michael the Archangel as one of the greatest of the archangels. He is the guardian of the Church, as well as the patron saint of police officers, grocers, mariners, and paratroopers.
| +++ ----+++----+++----+++----+++----+++----+++----+++