You can add your prayer request at
Gracious God, please pour your love upon those who have asked to be remembered in our prayers:
Ellen Sharkey –
for a quick recovery from her injury. May she be surrounded by God’s healing presence
Desi Forenza –
resident at Alexander House
May she feel your ever present love as she faces the challenge of her illness.
Family of Fay Bashir
- as they mourn the loss of their mother.
John Mazzoni -
For your tender mercy during his time of illness and suffering.
James Ondimu Ochoki
– For healing for this beloved father, grandfather, father in-law, brother in-law, and uncle to many.
- 6th grader from Sparta undergoing brain surgery. For successful surgery & recovery and for the medical staff.
– Cousin of Cheryl Slate, for strength in suffering and return to health
Michael Gerardi –
For patience and a positive outlook as he heals from a recent accident.
May the Lord grant consolation and recovery to health.
Father of Debbie McCarthy from the Gruenert Center. For a return to health.
– as she seeks to discern the work she is being called to
Michele Smith –
“People Need Friends Volunteer” as she grieves the loss of her mother
Chuck Emering –
Brother of Kris Bulas
as he recovers from his injuries. For patience and endurance during his healing.
- May the love of God, family and friends sustain him as he undergoes dialysis 3 days a week.
Carol Murray –
for courage, strength and perseverance as she works toward a full recovery
- For strength and comfort as she undergoes treatment for breast cancer
Burt Foley –
For his recovery from heart surgery
Patrick Powis –
Father of Art Powis
for comfort, strength and courage as he faces his illness
- a young man of 23 whose lungs are not in good condition, may God draw him near as his final hours approach and for comfort for his loving family.
Rosa Bascietto –
Mother of Joanne Rossi. That the love and respect of her family helps to sustain her and bring her joy.
– Son of volunteer Barbara Mahler, may God watch over him during his illness
Sister of Julie Tatti for strength in suffering and improvement in health
For peace, justice and hope in our world
Praise God for blessings bestowed:
Gunnar Anthony –
infant grandson of Kathy Vermulen, with thanks for prayers answered for healing.
Suzan Avedesian -
mother of Fay Bashir
Cousin of Cheryl Slate
December 14 –
Saint John of the Cross
Saint John was born in Spain. In 1563 he entered the Carmelite Order. Eventually he met Saint Teresa of Ávila who asked with his help in reforming this order to its original observance of austerity. A year later he opened the first Discalced Carmelite monastery. Reform, however, caused friction within the order and led to his imprisonment, first in 1576 and again in 1577. John of the Cross was locked in a cell six feet wide and ten feet long for nine months, with no light except that which filtered through a slit high up in the wall. He later forgave the men who had imprisoned him. How could he do that? He explained, “Where there is no love, put love, and you will find love. Saint John is also known for his writings. Both his poetry and his studies on the growth of the soul are considered the summit of mystical Spanish literature. Much of his writing was done while he was imprisoned.