Lord, look upon us and hear our prayer. By the good works you inspire, help us to discipline our bodies and to be renewed in spirit. Amen.
You can add your prayer request at
Gracious God, please pour your love upon those who have asked to be remembered in our prayers:
Great grandmother of Ashley, Director of Barnet House. The doctors say he has little time left. May she find peace in God’s grace and comfort in his love.
Mary Beth –
resident of the Wehrlen House. For God’s blessings and a return of strength and health.
- Father of Hope Eder. May God be with him and give him comfort, strength and peace during his illness.
– DPD volunteer, for renewed health in body and spirit
Bruce Schreyer –
resident of the Giuliano House. For renewed health and strength.
Larry Hanlon –
father of John of the Basile apartments. We pray for a return to health. May he know the love of Our Lord.
Christian Lavorgna –
Son of CARE volunteer Ed Lavorgna
May he regain strength and health
– Friend of volunteer Anna Philhower, for strength and healing as she battles with pancreatic cancer
– For healing
Charlie Raab & Jim Daugherty
- Heavenly Father May You place Your Healing Hands upon our brothers who both have throat cancer.
Robert Konowich –
Uncle of Jake Ferguson. We pray for your healing hand to rest upon Robert and bring him back to wholeness and strength. We pray this with gratitude for protecting his life.
Family of Jean Williams
- Mother of Gruenert staff member Lisa Beasley, as their mourn her passing. May she rest in peace.
- Brother of Julie Tatti. For strength and courage as he deals with cancer. May God’s healing presence surround him.
- husband of Barnet House volunteer Nina. That his ear is healed and he gets his hearing back.
James Ondimu Ochoki
– For healing for this beloved father, grandfather, father in-law, brother in-law, and uncle to many.
- May the Lord grant consolation and recovery to health.
- a young man of 23 whose lungs are not in good condition, may God draw him near as his final hours approach and for comfort for his loving family.
For peace, justice and hope in our world.
May God bless our staff, residents, friends, volunteers and benefactors.
May he turn his face toward you and give you peace.
- Mother of Gruenert staff member Lisa Beasley
Jeanne Craig –
wife of volunteer Bob Craig
Paige Garretson –
former DPD resident
Debbie Conklin –
former DPD resident
March 19 – Saint Joseph Feast Day (Observed on March 20 this year) – Patron saint of the family
This day is set aside to reflect upon Joseph the husband of Mary and the foster father of Jesus. Joseph’s wise dealing with Mary is a model for us when we face complex moral and personal issues. He subordinated his feelings to do what God required. He was open to whatever God wanted, and when he sensed the divine will, he obeyed. St. Joseph is celebrated at the Spring equinox and his day is a feast of bread. At one time, the Feast of San Giuseppe, as he is called in Italy, was an Italian national holiday. St. Joseph's feast day is still celebrated with families gathering together to create enormous buffets for neighbors and friends. Zeppoli are traditional pastries served on this day.
March 20 - Vernal equinox
- First Day of Spring!
This day marks one of the 2 times during the year when the sun crosses over the equator and the length of days and nights will be almost equal.
March 25 –Solemnity of the Annunciation of the Lord
This day celebrates the angel Gabriel's appearance to the Virgin Mary, announcing that she had been chosen to be the Mother of Our Lord. In the liturgical year, a solemnity is the highest ranking holy day possible in the Church. Consequently, solemnities are reserved for the commemoration of its most important events.