“Blessed be the name of the Lord both now and forever.
From the rising to the setting of the sun is the name of the
Lord to be praised.” Psalm 113:2-3
This Psalmist reminds us that the sun’s raising is rich with promise of another day, of beginning anew. Just as the sun has a habit of routinely rising or setting somewhere on our planet, so should we in our turning to God: constant, full of praise and with a grateful heart.
Gracious God, please pour your love upon those who have asked to be remembered in our prayers.
To make a prayer request:
John Risko –
Uncle of Darlyn Derling. With prayers for a quick recovery.
– During these difficult times. May God come to her assistance and provide comfort.
Uncle of Jake Ferguson. We pray for your healing hand to rest upon Robert and bring him back to wholeness and strength. We pray this with gratitude for protecting his life.
Family and friends of Luc Champono
– brother of Irmelle St. Fort, staff member at Calabrese House during their time of grief at his passing. May God surround him with his courage to get through this difficult time.
– For the strength to heal and comfort while doing so. May God hold her in his care.
– Father of John, for healing.
– dear friends of Patt Foth, during this difficult time of grief over the loss of their 13 year old son Andrew who was hit by a car while riding his bike.
- Mother of Gruenert staff member Lisa Beasley. May the Lord give her strength in body, courage in spirit, and patience in suffering.
- Brother of Julie Tatti. For strength and courage as he deals with cancer. May God’s healing presence surround him.
- grant him the grace and strength to accept the burden of cancer.
– dear friend of volunteer Anna Philhower
– sister of CARE member Raymond. Please pray for strength and courage as she goes through treatment.
- husband of Barnet House volunteer Nina. That his ear is healed and he gets his hearing back.
James Ondimu Ochoki
– For healing for this beloved father, grandfather, father in-law, brother in-law, and uncle to many.
- May the Lord grant consolation and recovery to health.
- May the love of God, family and friends sustain him as he undergoes dialysis 3 days a week.
- a young man of 23 whose lungs are not in good condition, may God draw him near as his final hours approach and for comfort for his loving family.
– Mother of Joanne Rossi. That the love and respect of her family helps to sustain her and bring her joy.
For peace, justice and hope in our world.
May God bless our staff, residents, friends, volunteers and benefactors.
May he turn his face toward you and give you peace.
– Brother of Irmelle St.Fort
Father of Linda Giuliano
Resident of the Wallace House
ints Simon and Jude
- October 28
Simon and Jude are two of the 12 men chosen by Jesus proclaim the Kingdom of God to all people. There they worked together evangelizing the people until they were both martyred. These two unlikely candidates for apostleship finally witnessed to the risen Lord with their lives.
Traditionally Saint Jude the Apostle is identified with the author of the Letter of Jude in the New Testament. He has also come to be known as the saint of hopeless cases. Saint Jude is specifically invoked in despairing situations because his New Testament letter stresses to us the importance of persevering despite harsh and difficult times. Many have found consolation and help for seemingly impossible situations in their own lives through praying a novena (9 consecutive days) invoking the assistance of St. Jude.
October 23 -
One of the biggest Hindu festivals celebrated among many people and communities in the United States. Diwali is called the Festival of Lights and is celebrated to honor Rama-chandra, the seventh avatar (incarnation of the god Vishnu). It is believed that on this day Rama returned to his people after 14 years of exile during which he fought and won a battle against the demons and the demon king, Ravana.
The goddess of happiness and good fortune, Lakshmi, also figures into the celebration. It is believed that she roams the earth on this day and enters the house that is pure, clean, and bright. Diwali celebrations may vary in different communities but its significance and spiritual meaning is generally “the awareness of the inner light”.
The festival spiritually signifies the victory of light over darkness, knowledge over ignorance, good over evil, and hope over despair. The festival preparations and rituals typically extend over a five day period, but the main festival night of Diwali coincides with the darkest, new moon night of the Hindu calendar.
Visit us at: