You can add your prayer request at
✙ Gracious God, please pour your love upon those who have asked to be
remembered in our prayers:
Desi Forenza –
resident at Alexander House
May she feel your ever present love as she faces the challenge of her illness.
Family of Fay Bashir
- as they mourn the loss of their mother.
John Mazzoni -
For your tender mercy during his time of illness and suffering.
James Ondimu Ochoki
– For healing for this beloved father, grandfather, father in-law, brother in-law, and uncle to many.
- 6th grader from Sparta undergoing brain surgery. For successful surgery & recovery and for the medical staff.
– Cousin of Cheryl Slate, for strength in suffering and return to health
Michael Gerardi –
For patience and a positive outlook as he heals from a recent accident.
Gunnar Anthony –
infant grandson of Kathy Vermulen at the Gruenert Center
May God’s healing love surround him.
May the Lord grant consolation and recovery to health.
Father of Debbie McCarthy from the Gruenert Center. For a return to health.
– as she seeks to discern the work she is being called to
Michele Smith –
“People Need Friends Volunteer” as she grieves the loss of her mother
Chuck Emering –
Brother of Kris Bulas
as he recovers from his injuries. For patience and endurance during his healing.
- May the love of God, family and friends sustain him as he undergoes dialysis 3 days a week.
Carol Murray –
for courage, strength and perseverance as she works toward a full recovery
- For strength and comfort as she undergoes treatment for breast cancer
Burt Foley –
For his recovery from heart surgery
Patrick Powis –
Father of Art Powis
for comfort, strength and courage as he faces his illness
- a young man of 23 whose lungs are not in good condition, may God draw him near as his final hours approach and for comfort for his loving family.
Rosa Bascietto –
Mother of Joanne Rossi. That the love and respect of her family helps to sustain her and bring her joy.
– Son of volunteer Barbara Mahler, may God watch over him during his illness
Sister of Julie Tatti for strength in suffering and improvement in health
Suzan Avedesian -
mother of Fay Bashir
Cousin of Cheryl Slate
Carmella Petruccelli –
Mother of Frank Petrucelli
longtime member of Education in the diocese.
November 30 - Feast of Saint Andrew, Apostle
St. Andrew was a fisherman who lived in Galilee during the time of Jesus. He often followed John the Baptist and listened to his teachings. One day, John saw Jesus walking along the road. John said to his followers, "Behold the Lamb of God." He told his followers to go and talk to Jesus. He wanted them to know that Jesus was the One for whom they had been waiting.
He gave up his work gave as a fisherman to become an apostle of Jesus. Like the other apostles, Andrew became a missionary. He preached about Jesus in the area around the Black Sea. He preached in northern Greece, Turkey, and Scythia (now the southern part of Russia).
Andrew died as a martyr. Tradition says that in Patras in Greece he was tied to a cross shaped like the letter X. Ever since then, a cross in the shape of an X has been called St. Andrew's cross.
✙December 3 - Memorial of Saint Francis Xavier, Priest- 1506-1552
Patron Saint of Missionaries
One of the founders of the Jesuit order, Saint Francis Xavier sought religious converts throughout Asia during the 1500s, he is credited with bringing Christianity and the love of Christ to India, Japan and China. He died at the age of 46 but is estimated to have baptized 30,000 people during his relatively short life. He is the Patron Saint of Missionaries.